11 April 2008

KL Marathon 2008

Boy, i was glad that it was over! This year, the marathon seems slighter tougher than the previous year. It was humid to begin with. I was perspiring badly before the 3km mark. Also, seemed lots more car and had to contend with the fumes from the cars.

Overall, i still did better than last year. Overall pos, Cat pos and the official time had improved. More significantly, i did not stop at all and my legs did not suffered any cramps. Most probably, thanks to the recent trgs i had with the KK team. It has strengthened my lower limbs but i know i still have lots of trg and strength workout to do.

Was again happy to see my wife and son at the finishing line. Learning from last year's race, this year we opted to stay nearer the start line. So both of them could leave the hotel much later and still able to catch me. We stayed in Ancasa Hotel and it turned out our hotel room was a mega suite (two rooms into one). KL shopping was a treat for my wife and as usual, ended our trip with the Bah Kut Teh.

Here are my result

RkCat RkTot Bib EngName Country OfficialTime ChipTime 10Km HalfWay 30Km
41 94 278 LEW BUANG KENG Singapore 3:43:14 3:42:43 0:54:00 1:47:23 2:36:59

KL Marathon 2009? Only time can tell. As of now, i will give it a pass for the third time.





No comments: