29 September 2009

TNF 30km progessive run

TNF organised the 3rd series of the progressive run clinics on 26 Sept. Started at Rifle Range Car Park at 8am. The turnout was large and met a couple of my running friends. It was good to see my buddy, Kah Shin back from Swiss. We were to tag along with Jeanette. We got ourselves in the 3rd group and started our way twds Bukit Timah Summit.

I was in Vibram KSO and i had a couple of friends enquiring about the sandals. Like the previous 15km run, i started slow and steady in the KSO. Grip was there while i was going up the summit. Time to test it downhill in the trail. I was surprised that the KSO was able to hold on the rocks / gravels while going downhill. I did not slow down specifically even though i was in KSO. KSO passed my assessment in downhill.

Next was to see how well i am able to cope 30km in KSO. By the time i hit 20km mark, my calves were feeling and my achilles were feeling tight. I knew my barefoot training has not reached its form yet. I was seeing how far i can go. Can i complete the full 30km in KSO? I was glad to see Christian at the northern route of Macritchie. He walked with me a while and we chatted.  Next i saw Kenneth and Laura. They were the "sweepers" for the 20km run.

We hit the Rifle Range Link Road (Near ST Engineering) and i was glad that i had a few kms left with the last durian loop. Finished the run in 3:33hrs with Vibram KSO.

No comments: