20 January 2010

Registration Confirmation - UTMB@2010

I received the email from UTMB organizer that i am selected to run in this year Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc again. This is definitely a redemption for me and i will be looking forward (of course, training hard..) to this mega event once again. I hoped the valuable "lessons" and experience learnt last year, will help me in this year's preparation. Will be doing lots of hill / stairs workout, using the trekking poles (time to invest in good ones) and refueling myself during training.

One hesitation for me, is whether to run this race in Vibram Fivefingers (which i have been used to) or to go back to trail shoes. < will be posting the latest trail shoe i got from HK>. I have to make the decision in the next 2-3 months.

Also glad that Steven has been accepted in this race as well. Will be awaiting to hear the news from Kah Shin and Clarence.


4 comments:

yipwt said...

good luck man...

I did read that one of the challenge in this run is the loneliness during the run.

Is that true?

Barefoot Pua said...

congratulations and all the best for this event.

Bernard Lew said...

It is not really the loneliness. It is the altitude and coldness. Best part of the race is the breathtaking view.

Franck said...

My name is Franck, french and also registered for the UTMB.

If you want to share training and experience, don't hesitate to contact me.

My email
franck.millereux@yahoo.fr

Cheers
Franck