29 December 2007

MR25 Ultramarathon - Here i come

Another 2 more days to the last event of the year. The MR25 Ultramarathon, 12 hours of non-stop trail running event. Set to start at 7am and ends officially at 7pm. Runners are expected to run min 5 loops to receive finisher tees and certificates. So the challenge is really YOURSELF to do as many loops as you can. Last year's champion, Tobias did 9 loops and what a pity that he is not able to join us this Sun. I believe the record still stands at 11 loops (this is madness under mortal's definition)

I hope to do 8 loops. Anything more is a bonus and God's grace. I am going to pace myself moderately and taking no chance for nutrition and electrolyte intake. It is going to be a long day out there. I have to be conservative in my running. It will be also a great chance to catch up with many friends who will be joining this event for the fun or thrill of it. It makes the running a lot more fun and easier.

Gadgets that i am bringing or testing out:
  1. Garmin Forerunner 305
  2. Nike+ Ipod Kit (as back up and MP3)
  3. Nathan Water Bottle

See you all there. Run safe.

No comments: